Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I got one with my truck as it was the only one available. Looked at a few others as well. I don’t regret it. Looks good. Easy to use. It’s pretty water tight. Every time it rained or I’ve been to the car wash I haven’t noticed any leaking.

Only downside is the tie-down rails move slightly down and in so when I bought the OEM cargo divider I had to trim a bit off each side.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport (underground)
End of August I've been waiting on my Taco sport for 6months here in Carlisle Pa. I'm getting this OEM cover but the dealership going to discount this cover for this long wait

Taco Golfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
The OEM cover is the old MX4 design and better than the new MX4 design. I briefly had the new MX4 and returned it because when you opened it after rain it pours water all over the contents of your bed. It no longer drops the accessory rail which is a serious bummer.

I just got the OEM cover and it is notably heavier than the new MX4. it is nice that the OEM cover still has the factory rail dropped and fully usable. The only benefits to the new MX4 is that it is much easier to remove if you need to take it off quickly.
Not sure I understand when you say the OEM “still has factory rail dropped and fully usable”. Can you elaborate? Thx

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Not sure I understand when you say the OEM “still has factory rail dropped and fully usable”. Can you elaborate? Thx
OEM cover requires to remove the two side accessory rails and drop them down about an inch with an adapter that comes with the cover.

rem2582

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Just installed my OEM Toyota hard bed cover. Super high quality and easy to install. Looks great too, if anyone is on the fence call your Toyota dealer and order one.

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg
I’m happy with mine too. I have the exact same bed cover.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
the hardware attaches to the bed rail attachment points. You reattach the bed rails after the tonneau hardware is secured.

But they end up moving in about 3/4” and down about the same amount.

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
I bought mine weeks ago and probably won’t get my truck until August or September (if ever at this rate). But man that looks clean!

Anything funky on the install you can share?
Yeah...do NOT use an impact gun to reinstall the rail torx screws.

You might be fine 9 outta 10 times, but that one screw is gonna be a bitch to get out.

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also...mine didn't come with instructions. Said to contact the dealer to get a copy. But, there's some videos about installing the Tundra cover that are almost exact.

There's also a sticker on the underside of the cover that shows how the mounting bolts are installed. Look at it before trying every possible variation.

2024 Tacoma Toyota OEM hard bed tonneau cover is NICE. IMG_20240615_195926915_HDR

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Also...mine didn't come with instructions. Said to contact the dealer to get a copy. But, there's some videos about installing the Tundra cover that are almost exact.

There's also a sticker on the underside of the cover that shows how the mounting bolts are installed. Look at it before trying every possible variation.

IMG_20240615_195926915_HDR.jpg
I made this mistake 😂

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made this mistake 😂
Yeah...laying upside down in the bed, penis fingers fumbling with the parts, dropping them on my face, practicing my old navy vocabulary...finally getting it together then going "that ain't right". Take apart, repeat a couple times. Then the big blue sticker comes into focus. Aw shit. Nobody else there to call dumbass.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual

IMG_20240615_195926915_HDR.jpg
The installation instructions are posted on this form and I just reposted them a few post back

Tacoman66

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
I had mine installed at the dealer prior to delivery. It is a very clean look. However, it is definitely not waterproof. I get water in the bed both going through a car wash and when it rains. Trying to figure out how the water gets n when it rains.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
The only flaw with the otherwise excellent OEM cover is the attachment hardware. It's hard to install, and you'll drop washers more than once. Given this is supposed to be easy to remove/replace, the hardware is a bit of a fail. They should have used captured bolts on the cover with the correct spacers, and handwheel nuts underneath to make it removable without tools.
Sponsored