Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
So this is the *exact* tire I want to put on my stock Trailhunter wheels - thank you so much for posting. You look super close to the crash pad. I’m surprised. Do you think it’ll rub? Keep us posted please.

Can you show a front or back view to show the level of “poke” given the slight wider tire?

These tires weigh 63.9 pounds sadly because there’s no C load option. How is power and braking affected?

How is road comfort? Are they super stiff over bumps? How do they compare in this regard to stock? How about road noise and other handling characteristics?

Do you notice the added ground clearance ?

Why keep the old crappy tires ?
Keep us posted. Any rub or wear should be limited to the crash pad felt, which seems fine

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
It looks great! What throws me off is some trucks running 285/70 with +25 appear to have more clearance at full lock on stock suspension and others are super close.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
It looks great! What throws me off is some trucks running 285/70 with +25 appear to have more clearance at full lock on stock suspension and others are super close.
@Snickers made some small calibrations with 285/75 - maybe it’s camber or other front end suspension settings

Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Looks great, keep us posted on any rubbing issues. It does look close to that crash pad and when your aired down its a little softer.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Love it, I'm considering these as well. Didn't expect them to get that close to rubbing though, looks about as close as the 35s this dude on youtube put

I'm definitely in between the ko3s or just going for 35s. I'm glad discount tire matched Walmart, I had seen the walmart ones but very unsure about the white letters lol, did they give you any shit about not being an exact match?

Also, let us know what mud flaps you go with, the stock ones are indeed shit and my back fenders are getting all scratched up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Trailhunter
Love it, I'm considering these as well. Didn't expect them to get that close to rubbing though, looks about as close as the 35s this dude on youtube put

I'm definitely in between the ko3s or just going for 35s. I'm glad discount tire matched Walmart, I had seen the walmart ones but very unsure about the white letters lol, did they give you any shit about not being an exact match?

Also, let us know what mud flaps you go with, the stock ones are indeed shit and my back fenders are getting all scratched up.
Not at all. The online agent just asked for a link and wrote up a quote matching WM. I then took the quote to the store and said I’d like to order these. Was quick and easy.

OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I also think that his is rubbing a bit more b/c he put M/T's on there and the tread is much taller.

jmasters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma TRD offroad
FWIW I'm swapping in the trailhunter wheels on my currently stock TRD off-road. I wanted to go with the BFGR KO3s, but Tire Rack guy said they'd rub, and suggested the KO2s 265/65 18. I'll post some pics when installed.

OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW I'm swapping in the trailhunter wheels on my currently stock TRD off-road. I wanted to go with the BFGR KO3s, but Tire Rack guy said they'd rub, and suggested the KO2s 265/65 18. I'll post some pics when installed.
They don't rub enough to really be noticeable. If anything they just hit the felt. (See original post for update!)
Sponsored