Sponsored

Disable fake engine noise in 2024 Tacoma 4th gen with OBD2 scanner / programmer?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Question for those that have done this. Is the fake engine noise tied to the ANC? I hope not. I want it as quiet as possible. Ditch the engine noise and keep the noise canceling.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ron
OP
OP
Wags

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
So I just turned off the god awful seat belt chime and turned off the fake engine noise. I left ANC on since I would like it as quite as possible. I used the Carista app and the OBDLink MX+ scanner, I used that scanner because I want to use it on another car the Carista doesn't support.

OP
OP
Wags

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just asking how else could they pump the sound in that you can hear it but also have the option to turn it off if it's not through the speakers? Seems to me it has to come from the speakers?

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
So I just turned off the god awful seat belt chime and turned off the fake engine noise. I left ANC on since I would like it as quite as possible. I used the Carista app and the OBDLink MX+ scanner, I used that scanner because I want to use it on another car the Carista doesn't support.
I’m debating between the OBDLink MX+ and Carista. Are you saying you can modify all of the same behind the scenes things with the OBDLink as the Carista can? (Seatbelt chime, engine noise, turn signal mods, windows open with fob ect) I don’t really want the Carista monthly fee.

From what I have read the OBDLink sounds like the better diagnostic scanner.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wags

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m debating between the OBDLink MX+ and Carista. Are you saying you can modify all of the same behind the scenes things with the OBDLink as the Carista can? (Seatbelt chime, engine noise, turn signal mods, windows open with fob ect) I don’t really want the Carista monthly fee.

From what I have read the OBDLink sounds like the better diagnostic scanner.
You will still need to use the Carista app with the MX+ but you can cancel it after you make the changes. I used the MX+ because I wanted to use it on another car that the Carista doesn't support. The app is only $10 a month so make the changes and then cancel it.

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
If there's fake engine sounds in these Tacoma's they do a god awful job of it. As someone with no ANC (6M Sport+) all I hear is injectors 🤣, the only engine noise I hear that might possibly be fake is on my high rev downshifts no fake turbo noise as rolling down the windows you'll hear the turbo much clearer and I can even hear a little blow off sound, which is interesting because I thought modern vehicles these days came with a recirculation valve, unless the pressure getting released back into the airbox is so loud I can hear it from the cabin.

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Can anyone here make a before and after video of the engine noise? Call me crazy, but I like the way everything sounds on my OR. I don't here anything but normal engine revs and turbo when I drive.