Gas Milage

TacoJo0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
2024 Off Road TRD Pro here!! I have just over 1k miles and my mpg is only 17.8. I thought it was supposed to be 22 mpg. What is everyone else averaging in their off road Pro?
Sponsored

OP
OP

TacoJo0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
22-23 MPG. But six-bits say I drive differently than you do.
And you have the off road model as well?!? I was thinking about changing the tires. I may have to take it back to have it serviced!!

Sponsored

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I honestly drive this truck more nimbly and lightly than any vehicle I’ve ever had (to the point my wife who normally tells me the opposite tells me to hurry up sometimes lol).
I have generally gotten close to EPA estimates with my other cars and with my 2015 Mazda6 I had for about a year I could easily pull 36-38 (and occasionally 40) on longer highway trips.
I do not understand how people are getting over 20mpg unless they are doing all highway driving. I believe them. It just doesn’t compute when I drive this thing so gently and am nowhere near that.
On one 180 mile round trip mostly highway I got about 22mpg.
But over a couple thousand miles and I’ve averaged about 18.5, mixed city/highway. On my short trips around town it’s abysmal.
My mpg were the best right after driving it off the lot before I realized my tires were overinflated. When I dropped them down to a couple psi above what’s recommended I do feel like my mpg dropped. But that was really early on so can’t say for sure.
I’m stock TRD OR with upgrade (not premium) package.

Desertrunner

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma OR. 24 TRD pro
Just hit 2400 miles on my pro. with 600 of it off-road in 4x4 and total average is 21 MPG. I don’t use cruise and coast in EV mode On the down hills.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
It's supposed to be 22 on the highway, not everywhere. I get around 19 highway, but I'm lifted with 33 inch 10-ply tires. In town, probably average around 17. These are offroad trucks. They're not supposed to save fuel. If mpg is your concern, you should've probably got a Ridgeline or other unibody medium trucks. Just have fun! So it uses a few more gallons of gas... not like fuel is expensive.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
22-23 MPG. But six-bits say I drive differently than you do.
Mine's TRD OR long bed. Probably 1500-1600 miles now. 16.5 - 25.5 MPG.

I fully understand a tank with some MTB trail work sessions and traversing ski area service roads all in 4x4 isn't efficient. 40-60 MPH in Eco using adaptive cruise was the above 25 MPG. Getting 19 MPG for 200 miles of Friday afternoon traffic hauling around 14-1500 pounds of building materials, humanity and bike rack on hitch at freeway speeds into headwinds and storms was in my mind pretty good.

Yeah to driving differently. I get higher MPG than rest of family driving same vehicles. Decades ago when I drove semi I got higher fuel mileage than others driving same trucks on same routes.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
There is an entire MPG thread. You will see the hyper-milers getting 30 on a single trip all the way down to the folks that are averaging 18ish. I am right at 19 on a Sport Premium so you are fine and right where most will be that drive in all sorts of conditions.

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
If you get above 1700 RPM and the turbo kicks on the MPG drops quite a bit.

I’ve done a lot of different driving and get around 19/20 mpg in the city and 21/23 on the hwy. but it depends on conditions and how aggressive I drive.

I generally stay in normal mode on the highway and sport mode in the city

Last edited:

kaliforniaman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I am just approaching 2000 miles on my 5’ OR. The first 1000 miles averaged 16.8 on the turbo4. The average improved a bit, driving lightly in eco mode to 17.8. I will take it by the dealership as my 99’ six got better gas mileage. I drive a mix of city/hwy driving with minimal weight and the stock tires.

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
I have a '24 Taco Pro (Hybrid) - stock; no extra weight except hard tonneau cover. 900 miles. I get barely 22 mpg in "eco mode", combined city/hwy, flat roads in Indiana and by REALLY babying the thing. I did get 23 mpg in "eco mode" mostly hwy by again babying/hypermiling. Never got close to EPA hwy rated 24. I know when I set to "normal mode" and not baby I'll get about 18-19. Disappointing. Mostly I'm disappointed by the lousy range of the 18.2 gal tank. All things I knew before I purchased.

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I was getting 22-24 mpg before I put my OEM tonneau cover. Now, I’m getting 25-26 mpg In the city. Getting 30 mpg if I get on the interstate
Sponsored