Gas Milage

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have never seen anything better than 18 after 1,500 miles - but I do live in the mountains so no hyper mile flat rolling for me. But so happy to not have that old hunt-n-peck transmission from my 2020 Pro and and engine that actually pulls without beating it like a rented mule
Sponsored

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
I am just approaching 2000 miles on my 5’ OR. The first 1000 miles averaged 16.8 on the turbo4. The average improved a bit, driving lightly in eco mode to 17.8. I will take it by the dealership as my 99’ six got better gas mileage. I drive a mix of city/hwy driving with minimal weight and the stock tires.
Find yourself 100 miles or so of highway where the speed limit runs 45-65 and no more. Let adaptive cruise control take care of the speed and pick a day where you won't be bogged down in traffic and do a "there and back" trip. See what you get from that. I've been getting 25+ mpg under those conditions. Once you pass 65 MPH though, the mileage drops a lot. For a run of half the above and half 75MPH freeway I got about 22. Haven't done an all-freeway check yet.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I have a '24 Taco Pro (Hybrid) - stock; no extra weight except hard tonneau cover. 900 miles. I get barely 22 mpg in "eco mode", combined city/hwy, flat roads in Indiana and by REALLY babying the thing. I did get 23 mpg in "eco mode" mostly hwy by again babying/hypermiling. Never got close to EPA hwy rated 24. I know when I set to "normal mode" and not baby I'll get about 18-19. Disappointing. Mostly I'm disappointed by the lousy range of the 18.2 gal tank. All things I knew before I purchased.
When I was playing around I think I got better fuel economy in normal than I did in eco.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Hanging around 18-19, probably won't ever see any better than that. Stock(ish) Offroad.

I regularly drive 90mph+ so I've accepted the fact that I won't get above 20.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Find yourself 100 miles or so of highway where the speed limit runs 45-65 and no more. Let adaptive cruise control take care of the speed and pick a day where you won't be bogged down in traffic and do a "there and back" trip. See what you get from that. I've been getting 25+ mpg under those conditions. Once you pass 65 MPH though, the mileage drops a lot. For a run of half the above and half 75MPH freeway I got about 22. Haven't done an all-freeway check yet.
Yeah but who does this? Just to see what kind of MPG you can get. If that isn't your normal drive then it is just a waste of time AND gas to just "see" if you can get better MPG. The EPA has a mix of conditions algorithm and then extrapolate it out. They "allegedly" don't use best case scenario, drive down wind, only keep it under 45 MPH etc to get some higher reading.

Bottom line NORMAL people driving in a mixture of conditions are getting about 19/20 MPG +/- 1-2 mpg. Hyper-milers and people only using their truck to drive 20 miles a day on some back road only doing 45 max etc etc are the anomaly that our proud of their 30 MPG. It isn't real world.

Sponsored

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I was getting 22-24 mpg before I put my OEM tonneau cover. Now, I’m getting 25-26 mpg In the city. Getting 30 mpg if I get on the interstate
I just installed my OEM cover, I’d love to see a boost in mileage like you saw. 🤞🏻

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Trailhunter LB here. So I got the bigger tires and hybrid like you. Just passed 3,000 miles. I am averaging 18.8 mpg now. But I recently did some non-mpg friendly driving, pulling a small trailer up the mountain to go camping. I was at 19.5 before that. My last tank, doing regular driving, was 20.1 mpg.

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
When I was playing around I think I got better fuel economy in normal than I did in eco.
A number of people have said this. I can't imagine why it would be true, but it seems to be a common experience.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
23 about 50/50 mix. Still factory tires. Towed a light trailer (2500lbs) 540 miles round trip avg was 17 rolling hills and a mountain pass 70-75mph.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Trailhunter, all stock- started around 16ish, is slowly creeping up to 19.1 averages, gets better on the highway (70-75) and worse in town. Pulling the camper it gets mid 12s.

Sponsored

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
It might be all in my head, but I have a little over 1500 miles on my Pro and I started noticing my battery kicking in more often. Usually when I let off the gas or I’m in a parking lot. I’m getting 20-21 mpg.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
On my TRD OR I get about 21mpg on my 30 mile all highway commute.. but I also drive at 65mph. 33" tires and a roof rack will kill your mpg. Wind also plays a big factor--during spring months when it was windy I would easily see a 4-5 mpg decrease with a headwind, and maybe a 1 or 2 mpg increase with a tail wind.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
It might be all in my head, but I have a little over 1500 miles on my Pro and I started noticing my battery kicking in more often
Same here.
When i noticed that - i tried eco mode again. Earlier eco didn't seem to do much but now it seems to use battery sooner than normal mode. Maybe its not as inclined to save the battery for a possible request for torque.
Sponsored