Transmission Failures Keep Coming

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Assuming a truck bought in September or October is well passed the initial list of trucks on the tsb. They were early builds
Mine has an 08/24 build date and just falls within the TSB. Purchased it mid September

Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Assuming a truck bought in September or October is well passed the initial list of trucks on the tsb. They were early builds
So you're basing the claim of vehicles outside the TSB range on the dates of the complaints? That's no proof at all that these VINS are outside the TSB range. In other words, there is no direct evidence of a failure outside the TSB range at this point.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Less than 1% failure rate I’m estimating currently, I’m not worried and have warranty. If not happy with my first Toyota I’ll go back to GM.
My ‘98 Yukon was sold at 250k miles (400k km) with no major issues, my ‘98 Silverado 4x4 was sold at over 180k miles (289k km). Both had original motor and transmission, regular maintenance mostly. Yukon had a transfer case go. I got one used and put in for $150.
Toyota has a great reputation so I expect my Tacoma will be as good as my GM’s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Ok. Seems to be a lot of general worrying. I’m too old to worry about things without a concrete reason and no one seems to be able to give one.

Mechanical systems always fail. That will never change. A certain percentage will fail earlier. A certain percentage will never fail. The greater percentage will last roughly as long as the design lifespan. My guess on the transmission that’s around a decade and 200,000 kms or 125,000 miles.

I guess my advice is if it’s to the point that you’re losing sleep don’t by a mechanical system like a truck. Sleep is important.
Right? I will worry when my truck has an issue. Its been fantastic.

A lot more important things to lose sleep on
Sponsored