2024 Tacoma Integrated Bed Scene Lighting

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
I was planning on putting those light on later, but wonder if its even worth it to put it on, specially when the camper base would kind of cover it up as well. Overall must be kind of irritating to go through this ordeal, Hang tight.
Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
I did go out last night after dark and the bed scene lights, on the passenger side for now, are nice. A bed cap, if it covers the entire bed rail, would block these lights. They were standard on the Trailhunter. IIRC, a $575 extra otherwise.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Ok, not sure of the part back in the bed, but it had a loose wire and needs replacing. Of course being brand new production, the part is on backorder. They've patched it up and the lights are working. Now they have to put it all back together until the part arrives the
take it apart again. It's taken them a full day to find the issue.
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3891.jpg
In the event of bed scene lights malfunctioning & requiring complete sections to be removed, can we conclude any future TH owner who mounts an overland rack, camper or gear to the bed rails needs to first remove all gear before taking it into the dealer for servicing?

Yea they're just lights, but if it's systemic to cargo lamps and other electronics, etc, having a 400lb camper on the back could be a serious logitistics issue for both the owner and service techs. Unless they can remove your camper at the dealer and do all the work there?? Now I'm starting to understand why the Trailhunters ship with just a roll bar on the bed rails. Maybe if your truck came standard with the full ARB rack, onus to remove it and do the work is on Toyota then perhaps..?

Most modern campers like the Super Pacific, Lone Peak, Dirt Box and GFC sit on top of the bed rails and won't interfere with the TH bed scene lights. Granted there probably are a few campers that'll cover these scene lights, but at large, the new style campers & overland racks do not, especially those that are designed specially for each unique truck bed.

EDIT: also curious if anyone knows the load capacity or clamp force of the composite bed rail caps that have this integrated lighting on the THs!

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
All I can tell you is that the bed rail with the lights is one integrated piece and is being replaced.

Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Has anyone found out whether you can order and install the bed scene lights later?
Based on what I learned, the bed scene lights part is the entire bed rail with the integrated bed scene lights. I'd only be guessing that the wiring harness is probably already there!

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Also curious if anyone has located or identified the part number(s) associated with the outward bed scene lighting for doing an aftermarket rail swap (since factory force removed mine from the allocated build)

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
OP should post the part numbers from the invoice once it is provided after repair.

Last edited:

Sponsored

andrewleader

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 4Runner
My dealer claims the Bed Scene Lighting has to be installed at the port, can’t be ordered later :/ I haven’t been able to find it on the parts website either, whereas some other addons do show up…

OldOre

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OffRoad
My dealer claims the Bed Scene Lighting has to be installed at the port, can’t be ordered later :/ I haven’t been able to find it on the parts website either, whereas some other addons do show up…
That don't make a whole lot of sense...

Sounds like your dealer is a lot like mine, lots of bs.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
The TRD Pros can option this scene lighting package, correct? If so, the claim by your dealer that it's done at port doesn't sound bogus to me. Usually PIO are widely available tho. Or soon to be...

Drunkmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I want to find the bed scene lighting and the Amber/white led fog lights
Sponsored

Last edited: