Carista OBD2

benjedi420vt

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Upgrade 6' bed
question, do you need to continue the subscription after you change the settings that you want to? will they stay set after disconnecting?
According to the thread below, no
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...acoma-use-carista-obd2.2315/page-2#post-63373

I disabled mine the other day and have used adaptive cruise control multiple times since. No issues. Once you change any settings, the settings stay to what you set them to. No need to keep the subscription.
Sponsored

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
question, do you need to continue the subscription after you change the settings that you want to? will they stay set after disconnecting?
Yes, the changes will stay with truck after you cancel the subscription.

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road & 2014 Land Cruiser
I went and did my customization. Wasn't a lot there worth changing other than the seat belt, may still change the engine noise.

If you cancel, do you lose the OBD code reading and clearing ability? There are other apps that do that.

Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yes, the changes will stay with truck after you cancel the subscription.
I wondered if mine could be utilized by others after I had completed my changes? It does register it to the vehicle that it is initially used on.
I have subsequently cancelled my subscription and all changes remained to my truck.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I finally got a chance to use my Carista. $9.99 subscription which I canceled immediately was totally worth it for these three things:

1) Change my blinker tap to 7 flashes instead of Toyota’s standard of 3 flashes. Since I only use tap on the highway, 7 flashes is perfect for changing lanes at highway speeds. If I’m turning in town, I’m not tapping the blinker, it’s a full-on engage at that point.
2) Auto-down of all windows with the keyfob
3) Remove the annoying-ass seatbelt chimes!

For those interested, here are all the options it gave me:

IMG_3354.png

IMG_3353.png

IMG_3352.png

IMG_3351.png

IMG_3350.png

IMG_3349.png

IMG_3347.png

IMG_3346.png

IMG_3345.png

IMG_3344.png

IMG_3343.png

IMG_3341.png

IMG_3340.png

IMG_3339.png

IMG_3338.png

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I went and did my customization. Wasn't a lot there worth changing other than the seat belt, may still change the engine noise.

If you cancel, do you lose the OBD code reading and clearing ability? There are other apps that do that.
Yes, pretty sure it wont read anything without paying the fee. BlueDriver is a good option for an OBD2 reader that you pay once and forget, but it won't do some of the things that we are doing with the Carista. But it does do the current conditions and troubleshooting better.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Did you do the Standard or Evo model?

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
@Ruissimo , @rchrds
I wonder whether there was any difference in ability or options made available... Or if it's simply the speed of communication and interaction?

Any comment on what you say as options or how quick/delayed interactions were?

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
At our level of use, probably not. The standard i suspect has an earlier bluetooth module. The Evo looks like it works with some of the factory diagnostic tools that require the newer low power bluetooth. They don't give technical data that I could find. I wasn't that impressed with the Carista app. Having come from the BlueDriver, I thought that was a lot more useful, but it looks like they don't plan on supporting a bunch of the changes you can make with Carista. Also, feed back from Carista about a few of the settings that are supposed to work on the Tacoma but don't was disappointing. (There are a couple of settings that you are supposed to be able to change, but lock up the app when you try to change them, and don't make the change on the truck.) Unfortunately, I don't remember what they are now, they were inconsequential.

Ultimately, I own the Cartista, and paid for one month of the App.
I will buy another BlueDriver (my last one with to the new owner of my 1st Gen) and keep it around for diagnostic work. I can always pay for another single month of the Carista, if I find something I need that BlueDriver doesn't do.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
It’s a bit slow to connect, but once you’re in settings, toggling between the menus is quick. I tried diagnostics and live data and kind of gave up due to a) the delay and b) I don’t need those things at the moment.
Sponsored