Sponsored

Does anyone think Toyota will end up lowering the prices for the 4th gen Tacomas?

drabon74

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Runner
One dealer locally has 22 Tacomas in stock. They aren't selling. Prices will have to drop as well as increased incentives.
My closest 2 dealerships are loaded with 24 tacomas, not selling well at all in coastal SC. My neighbor is a salesmn at the dealership, he said this was very unexpected. Even offering deals they are not moving.
we just bought a 24 Willys Jeep Wrangler, got 8k off that thing. The wife loves it, I still want a taco.

2024 Tacoma Does anyone think Toyota will end up lowering the prices for the 4th gen Tacomas? IMG_1820

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
My closest 2 dealerships are loaded with 24 tacomas, not selling well at all in coastal SC. My neighbor is a salesmn at the dealership, he said this was very unexpected. Even offering deals they are not moving.
we just bought a 24 Willys Jeep Wrangler, got 8k off that thing. The wife loves it, I still want a taco.

IMG_1820.jpeg
What deals are they offering?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
On the ground? I was able to test drive 1 the other day only because the person backed out last minute and went with a Tundra. 90% + are sold before they are on the ground at the dealership.
At my local dealer they have had like 10 on the lot for a while. All lower trims. I do think the demand is weak, but we are still in the early adopter/enthusiast period with the Tacoma and will be most of the year. At least for the upper trims and hybrids.

Sponsored

jdmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
So many complainers on YouTube. I bought a Tacoma because the Toyota track record reliability. If it lasts 2x as long and costs 10% more then I think I got a good deal lol

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Don’t think they can “lower the price” as in MSRP, but they will/do have discounts and then resell can go to shit

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Will Toyota lower their price? No. I doubt that is even on the table. They may offer incentives and reduced financing though.

Will stealerships lower their prices? Sure they will. They are already reducing the price of lesser equipped trims. It'll probably be a bit before you see well equipped trims reduced, but it'll happen once the supply has inched closer to the demand of those.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
So many complainers on YouTube. I bought a Tacoma because the Toyota track record reliability. If it lasts 2x as long and costs 10% more then I think I got a good deal lol
Let's hope the new version will follow that track record. It isn't always how it works.

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Let's hope the new version will follow that track record. It isn't always how it works.
But look at it this way; take the Tundra, which by many opinions, has turned into one of Toyota's less reliable vehicles lately. It's not any worse in its class than any of the others. Check the forums of the other full size players... lots of issues out there. I'll roll the dice with Toyota's new Tacoma.

Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
But look at it this way; take the Tundra, which by many opinions, has turned into one of Toyota's less reliable vehicles lately. It's not any worse in its class than any of the others. Check the forums of the other full size players... lots of issues out there. I'll roll the dice with Toyota's new Tacoma.
Agree 100%. Even the imports with great reputations can fall. It's happened to all of them a time or two.

alkregha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (in production)
I put a deposit in a few weeks ago on a TRD Sport Premium, and am waiting 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. At my local area dealerships (a few of the biggest in the Southeast), they finally have options on the lot to look at (usually 5-7), whereas before, they only had one demo unit that would last any more than a few days. Of the 5-7 the typically have, most are SR, SR5, or Sport, and of those, very few have premium options. They may have the large screen, but not premium audio. Or premium audio, but small screens, etc.

I did manage to lock an out-the-door price (which is funny because that price is only locked for me... they can decide to up it based on 'market conditions') that ends up amounting to about 1800 below MSRP on my truck price. Part of that is because the dealer I like has slightly hire than average fees. I am happy with that given that it was a "custom order".

Just some recent experience to add to the above. I do think the stock is catching up finally, and I think the arrival of the hybrids will help people negotiate better deals on the non-hybrid versions, especially in the lower grades.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Well,
Doom and gloom sells. The youtubers who post that stuff still don't own a 24 tacoma and their upset they can't afford one. Maybe they should have go fund me links so others can help them buy one.
The funny thing is some of them do have 24's but they want click bait so they put a video up of several Tacomas on a lot and say a few negative things against Toyota and it works. Red meat for the anti 4th Gen Tacoma faithful. The talking points are all the same, turbo won't last, made in mexico (Which many Tacoma have been made for a while) the V-6 is perfect even though it gets passed by a prius trying to get on the highway and their 6 speed Transmission doesn't gear hunt...right... sure it doesn't.

Maybe Toyota is moving on from the own a Tacoma for 10-15 years to a more affluent buyers who will churn the truck in 5. I won't keep mine more than that.

Three dealers close to me are Toyota of Plano which has three on the ground and Lone Star Of Lewisville that has 2 on the ground. Longo Toyota of Proper has 3 on ther ground- an SR and two SR5. Of the 10 in production- 3 are already sold.

Last edited:

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
The funny thing is some of them do have 24's but they want click bait so they put a video up of several Tacomas on a lot and say a few negative things against Toyota and the it works. Red meat for the anti 4th Gen Tacoma faithful. and the talking points are all the same, turbo won't last, made in mexico (Which many Tacoma have been made for a while) the V-6 is perfect even though it get passed by a prius trying to get on the highway and their 6 speed Transmission doesn't gear hunt...right sure it doesn't.

Maybe Toyota is moving on from the own a Tacoma for 10-15 years to a more affluent buyers who will churn the truck in 5. I won't keep mine more than that.
And the anti 4th gen people likely haven't test driven one. I hated my 3rd gen. This 4th gen from the initial standpoint is great - so much better in so many different ways. They kinda don't know what they're missing.

As far as manufacturing location... even the end of the 2nd gen line was being made down south. It's been a long time.
Sponsored