Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Looks so good. I may do the Rave kit as I am not as mechanically inclined as you to put it all together separately but it really looks awesome
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
All wired up as of yesterday, here's how I did it :

For the harness, I just used some generic "Niilight" one off Amazon, was about $12. Pretty much any harness that has a DT-style connector will work for the Heretic lightbar, as most lightbars just use this standardized connector.

The switch is just a square fog light switch I also got off amazon for $9. They have ones that say "Light Bar" and whatnot on them for more. I honestly couldn't care less to pay more for a fancier switch, they're all knock-offs made in China and the one I bought works perfectly and serves its purpose.

For the wiring, if you have the AUX pre-wire, all you'll need to do is splice a male DT pigtail onto the Toyota factory-provided pigtails that come with your truck. The front connector is 15A and should be able to handle the load of the lightbar.

For us peasants without the factory pre-wire, I did as such - with the Niilight harness, fused positive and ground to the battery, relay sits next to the battery, switch control (86) and relay switched power (87) under the cowling from the passenger side to the driver side, ran the 86 wire through the firewall to the switch (reterminated the OEM-style switch), and then the 87 power across the side of the drivers side engine bay to the lightbar.

Crude diagram :

Red is 87 and connection to battery.
Blue is 86 (switch control)
Green is the relay
Yellow is the switch (through the firewall)
Purple is the DT connector to the lightbar

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240809_212248028~2

I didn't connect the dashlight (nighttime light) power to the switch, maybe I'll get around to it eventually. Probably the easiest way to do this is splice that off one of the existing switches. Just the on/off indicator which is spliced in the harness from the 87 connection.

Switch :

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240809_212300527~2

The lightbar. It's BRIGHT!

2024 Tacoma Heretic 20" LED Light Bar install on TRD Pro Grill PXL_20240809_212310916

Last edited:

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Thanks for this!
Did you have to drill through the firewall? Or find enough space in the factory passthrough?

Will be curious if the Rave kit I ordered works this out for the hybrids properly, since our battery is not under the hood (only a fuse box). The hybrid 12v is under the rear bench on the driver's side instead. Let's see who figures that part out next!

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Thanks for this!
Did you have to drill through the firewall? Or find enough space in the factory passthrough?

Will be curious if the Rave kit I ordered works this out for the hybrids properly, since our battery is not under the hood (only a fuse box). The hybrid 12v is under the rear bench on the driver's side instead. Let's see who figures that part out next!
There's a large grommet that goes through the firewall on the driver side - the main harness goes through the center, and then there's a nipple on top and on the bottom. The one on the top has the hood latch cable running through it, the one on the bottom is "capped", but the cap can just be cut off. That's what I did, just cut the end off, fished my wire through, and then after everything was wired up, i just put some tape around the nipple/cable (from the engine bay side) to give it a good seal.

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
Ended up scooping a TRD Pro Grill for a bargain and was working on getting a bracket designed to mount my lightbar.

I think the Rave guys also were working on a bracket for the Heretic to the grill but I was impatient, lol. Few tries with the good ole calipers and she's dialed in.

Seems like a great fit. Off to sendcutsend to get these lasered in some mild steel. Hope to have it mounted on the truck in a week or two. For anyone interested, not sure what other options are really out there, but the Heretic literally is a perfect fit since the brackets mount from the rear rather than sides.

PXL_20240725_003203967.jpg

PXL_20240725_003130083.jpg

PXL_20240725_003134890.jpg
Hey someone suggested I make some of these brackets out of metal, but I don’t have a heretic bar to measure, with your permission, I’d like to use your file for that, if you don’t want me too I WON’T, it’s your design and I respect that, I’ll just end up ordering a light my self to test, I have the grille already. I figured I’d ask. I can hook you up with some other Taco things you may need or even the metal version of the brackets if you’re interested

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Hey someone suggested I make some of these brackets out of metal, but I don’t have a heretic bar to measure, with your permission, I’d like to use your file for that, if you don’t want me too I WON’T, it’s your design and I respect that, I’ll just end up ordering a light my self to test, I have the grille already. I figured I’d ask. I can hook you up with some other Taco things you may need or even the metal version of the brackets if you’re interested
I didn't post the file with the intent of people not making / using it :) You're more than welcome to use it to make your own brackets.

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I didn't post the file with the intent of people not making / using it :) You're more than welcome to use it to make your own brackets.
I still believe the right thing to do is ask. Thank you! is there anything from the stuff we make at TG that you may be interested in? or any other Taco parts I can help you get? we're dealers for most major manufacturers...

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I still believe the right thing to do is ask. Thank you! is there anything from the stuff we make at TG that you may be interested in? or any other Taco parts I can help you get? we're dealers for most major manufacturers...
Can't think of anything at the moment but I'll have to take a raincheck, hah!

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
Managed to get the final revision of the camera bracket done and printed in ABS. Came out great and seems to be a perfect fit.

I got everything reinstalled and also swapped my lower bumper trim from chrome to black plastic. The piece of black trim I purchased also came with new black sensors to match the trim (as the ones that come with the chrome trim are silver) -- and apparently, they need to be calibrated to work. Hopefully there's a way to do this without a trip to the dealership......

But nonetheless, here she is, de-chromed with the black trim, TRD Pro Heritage grill, and the Heretic 20" lightbar. This was a fun project to DIY down to making all of the brackets and whatnot. I still need to the get the lightbar wired, just taped up the DT connector for now and will get around to it sometime this week.

Really happy with the result. As promised, releasing the camera bracket STEP file for free (CC-BY 4.0) here for anyone that has a 3D printer that wants to print it themselves. Print it face down and use supports for the overhangs.

Rather than asking for tips, I'll shamelessly plug a fantastic foundation that helps disabled vets - The Gary Sinise Foundation. Consider donating a few bucks to them if you print and find this camera bracket useful :)

https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/

Also happy to print brackets for people that don't have a printer - just DM if interested.

ABS Camera Bracket with alignment holes :

PXL_20240807_194337455.MP.jpg

Naked and afraid :

PXL_20240807_210413909.MP.jpg

All done :

PXL_20240807_213329505.jpg
I don't have the ability to print in ABS since I don't have an enclosure, what other material do you think would suffice? I know PLA can't withstand the heat of the hot Texas sun.. or maybe I'll just invest in an enclosure

I thought I was done upgrading my 3d printer.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I don't have the ability to print in ABS since I don't have an enclosure, what other material do you think would suffice? I know PLA can't withstand the heat of the hot Texas sun.. or maybe I'll just invest in an enclosure

Honestly, most high-heat materials will require an enclosure, though it's not impossible to print them without one. It's just tough as most of the time you'll end up with warped prints.

Nonetheless, have a couple extras I printed if you need a cam bracket in ABS, if you want one just feel free to DM me.

Sponsored

4GElsa

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road 6MT
All wired up as of yesterday, here's how I did it :

For the harness, I just used some generic "Niilight" one off Amazon, was about $12. Pretty much any harness that has a DT-style connector will work for the Heretic lightbar, as most lightbars just use this standardized connector.

The switch is just a square fog light switch I also got off amazon for $9. They have ones that say "Light Bar" and whatnot on them for more. I honestly couldn't care less to pay more for a fancier switch, they're all knock-offs made in China and the one I bought works perfectly and serves its purpose.

For the wiring, if you have the AUX pre-wire, all you'll need to do is splice a male DT pigtail onto the Toyota factory-provided pigtails that come with your truck. The front connector is 15A and should be able to handle the load of the lightbar.

For us peasants without the factory pre-wire, I did as such - with the Niilight harness, fused positive and ground to the battery, relay sits next to the battery, switch control (86) and relay switched power (87) under the cowling from the passenger side to the driver side, ran the 86 wire through the firewall to the switch (reterminated the OEM-style switch), and then the 87 power across the side of the drivers side engine bay to the lightbar.

Crude diagram :

Red is 87 and connection to battery.
Blue is 86 (switch control)
Green is the relay
Yellow is the switch (through the firewall)
Purple is the DT connector to the lightbar

PXL_20240809_212248028~2.jpg

I didn't connect the dashlight (nighttime light) power to the switch, maybe I'll get around to it eventually. Probably the easiest way to do this is splice that off one of the existing switches. Just the on/off indicator which is spliced in the harness from the 87 connection.

Switch :

PXL_20240809_212300527~2.jpg

The lightbar. It's BRIGHT!

PXL_20240809_212310916.jpg
Just curious but have you gotten around wiring up the night time light on your switch? I’m about to install this same kit and just need some guidance, thanks. Electrical is not my strongest suit and was wondering where and which wire do you connect it to?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150

I feel like that will be a never ending process for me as well. I've had mixed luck with my open printer with PetG. That's supposed to handle higher heat. I had to crank up my nozzle and bed temperature. Still occasionally have adhesion problems, but no warping so far. I also found that printing more than one part at a time is a no-go. I ended up buying brackets from TacoGarage. They are reasonably priced from Stainless steel. You should contact them.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
[
@Gurvy522 is this you on ebay?

1725911916823-k0.jpg
It is. Just selling a couple extras I made on eBay to support my filament addiction, plus some of the money goes to charity. I think after charity, shipping, and eBay fees I net like $6, lol.

I was letting them go for $10 on the forum for people that messaged me, not trying to turn this into a business or actively market, it's always been more of a hobby for me. Obviously the file is here for those that want to print it themselves at no cost.

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
oh good! I wanted to be sure nobody was profiteering your bracket! I bought one from you last month but my kids found it and have lost it, so I might become an ebay customer too!

Its a great deal for anyone else. Before I saw this listed today I re-ordered "cam-bracket-final-v2-ABS.step " from an online shop for pretty much the same price... but it was SLS nylon 12, do you think that is a good enough material? Thank you!
Sponsored