Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
My TH (and most THs in the wild) are in the range. Gonna drive it until it codes. Whatever. Getting a 7 year extended. Old full size still runs fine.

‘hybrid module replacement’….Is that the entire electric motor assembly that interfaces w/the transmission?
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@trailhunger Yep - it is the electric motor that is part of the transmission assembly. I believe the replacement transmission come as one unit with the torque converter, hybrid motor and transmission. That is a good thing IMO because it makes the replacement a fairly simple parts swap, with no major component disassembly involved.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
@trailhunger Yep - it is the electric motor that is part of the transmission assembly. I believe the replacement transmission come as one unit with the torque converter, hybrid motor and transmission. That is a good thing IMO because it makes the replacement a fairly simple parts swap, with no major component disassembly involved.
No word from dealer yet

Sponsored

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
CTTO.

photos were grabbed from Facebook group, I posted it here to make everyone aware of it.

Hybrid models are now included on the list.
IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg
Call me a noob but I have no idea how to tell if mine is affected. My VIN: 3TYLF5LN8RT008605

nosirrahdrof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Call me a noob but I have no idea how to tell if mine is affected. My VIN: 3TYLF5LN8RT008605
Trucks are produced sequentially. The top of the TSB states "This bulletin applies to vehicles BEFORE the production change..." So if the last 6 of your vin are higher than the number in the bulletin then you are not affected. If the 6 numbers are smaller, then you are.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Trucks are produced sequentially. The top of the TSB states "This bulletin applies to vehicles BEFORE the production change..." So if the last 6 of your vin are higher than the number in the bulletin then you are not affected. If the 6 numbers are smaller, then you are.
Thanks! This helps a ton!

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
They just called and said, couldn’t duplicate concern. I knew that was coming
I am absolutely SHOCKED.

Actually, I'm not shocked at all. Toyota is not going to do anything for any of your transmissions until and unless you have the DTC listed in the TSB.
Sponsored