Sponsored

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
Our concerns are not a generalized fear around whether this truck is dependable. It’s focused on this TSB. Even if we are prepared to get ourselves back if we get stuck, we may not want the headache of it knowing we’re on this TSB list. I have a family and younger kids. I don’t want to mess with that. And with a new toyota I really shouldn’t even have to give it a thought.
I pay the "Toyota Tax" to avoid nonsense like this. If Toyota is going to be like every other car maker, they should be priced accordingly.
Sponsored

MayburyKyle

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 4Runner
I have a Tacoma ordered/reserved that has been sitting in New Jersey for 3 weeks now. I've been getting cold feet, this post may have pushed me to that point. Would it be an overreaction to cancel at this point and wait for the 2025s? The VIN isn't within the TSB range, but it sure does seem like it's within reason that it could be a month from now.
I am in the same exact boat waiting on an allocated underground trd pro !

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
I am in the same exact boat waiting on an allocated underground trd pro !
What are you thinking? Are you going to stick with it? Or drop it and give them some time to sort it out? I'm leaning towards dropping it, but seeing if they offer another $1,000 off on the way out the door 🙂

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@MayburyKyle and @Tacohunter2024 I just thought about this the other day. The TSB was out but my truck was not yet on it when I bought my Pro. But I went for it and I have zero regrets. It is an amazing truck and even if it needs a new transmission I and still happy just to have this beautiful truck. The last time I check Toyota inventory I found only one Pro in 500 miles and it was only for sale because it had a $10k markup. I wouldn't look for any deals on the halo models any time soon.

BTW my truck, like most 4th gens is perfect so far, and I would never pass up the chance to own this truck just because there is some chance I could have a problem. There is always some chance you could have a problem with any vehicle and it is a Toyota and they will take care of you.

Of course your mileage may vary and we each have to make our own choices.
Sponsored