Sponsored

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Added. Put a deposit on a LC back in August, changed it to a Tacoma when I realized the Limited is more or less the same sans a few options. Not picky about the colour at all other than no red. Would prefer Boulder interior though.
Sponsored

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
New user here, wanted to give an update on the call I got from my dealership today.
Im first on the waitlist for a trd off road with the hybrid max, $1000 deposit in since they first dropped the press release.
He said they still don’t have details on much but they anticipate getting them very soon.
I told him I wanted a premium trim, basically fully loaded in a few specific colors and I was perfectly willing to wait as long as it took for one to get allocated since toyota doesn’t do custom orders.
That’s when he dropped the bombshell. Apparently One Toyota of Oakland is one of 3 dealerships that has been selected to pilot the Toyota custom ordering platform. He said it’s a brand new system and he doesn’t have all the details yet but when the configurator gets released online I should built a couple trucks to the specs I want and send to him and I should be able to order that exact truck when the hybrids come out.
obviously I was ecstatic and had to share with you all.
I called One Toyota in Oakland (I'm just 15 mins away) to get put on a list for a TRD Off Road, they never made mention to me about that at all. I put the $1000 deposit as well about two weeks ago maybe, they just had me fill out a form with what I wanted and said to expect March to May for arrival. They also didn't tell me what place I was in the waitlist. It was actually an underwhelming process and experience.

OP
OP

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
We've reached 200 users with deposits! Here are the current stats:

TRIM/MODEL
  • TRD Pro - 40%
  • TRD Off-Road 19%
  • Trailhunter - 15%
  • TRD Sport - 11%
  • Limited - 8%
  • SR5 - 5%
  • TRD Pre-Runner - 1.5%
  • SR - 0.5%

PREFERRED ENGINE
  • 2.4L i-Force Max Hybrid Turbo Engine - 71.8%
  • 2.4L i-Force Turbo Engine (SR5 and above) - 27.1%
  • 2.4L i-Force Turbo Base Engine (SR Only) - 1.1%

PREFERRED COLOR
  • Bronze Oxide - 23.4%
  • Ice Cap - 17.6%
  • Underground - 15.4%
  • Wind Chill Pearl - 11.7%
  • Blue Crush Metallic - 6.9%
  • Black - 6.4%
  • Solar Octane - 6.4%
  • Celestial Silver - 5.3%
  • Supersonic Red - 3.7%
  • Terra - 3.2%

TOP 3 STATES
  • CA
  • TX
  • CO

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Deposits | Reservations | Waitlist Sheet & Stats - Tacoma4G Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 3.14.03 PM

Last edited:

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT) in WCP
Just added mine, put a deposit on a TRD Sport last weekend.

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Added to order wait list - Off Road Premium - Blue Crush

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Added my Black TRD OR. It may be interesting to add columns for Build Date, Actual Build Date, Estimated ETA, and Date Received. Just to get an idea if things are delayed.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Just added mine for a TRD Off Road Premium being built sometime in late February or March. Dealer advertised MSRP and is or may try to add 1100 for PPF which I have specifically stated I don't want and will back out of deal if they try to add or see it. They claimed they would add it and not charge me which is BS. Instructed them in writing not to install it so time will tell. I'm thinking that I should be able to walk onto a lot and pick one up in March or April if they try and add junk to the MSRP. I', in no rush so I just need to fight and wait for my deposit if they try to play games.

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Got confirmation from dealer this morning. My TRD Sport (ordered 12/16/23) has entered build phase.
What info does the dealer get from Toyota on build/delivery timing? I was given a delivery timing estimate from my dealer in Canada but not an actual build date. Is there a tracker for this or does all info go to the dealer? My dealer gives me scant details. When do VINs get generated and shared?

eoghanrd

First Name
Eoghan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
What info does the dealer get from Toyota on build/delivery timing? I was given a delivery timing estimate from my dealer in Canada but not an actual build date. Is there a tracker for this or does all info go to the dealer? My dealer gives me scant details. When do VINs get generated and shared?
It should be assigned a temporary VIN at allocation, and the permanent VIN once it's built. Some VINs can be searched at toyota-tracker.com , but that can be hit or miss (my truck is on it's way to the dealership, but still doesn't appear on the site).

Only dealers have access to the Toyota tracking system.

Sponsored

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Ok, so I will have to continue to be patient ad wait for my dealer to update me… arrrgggh.

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I originally had a reservation with Longo, but switched to Santa Maria (California). Longo is the biggest dealership, but most of their allocations were Sports and I wanted an OR. The salesperson at Longo was also far less proactive about trying to connect my needs with an allocation. Santa Maria has been getting a ton of 4x4's and they have been great to work with so far.

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT) in WCP
Well, the dealer contacted me yesterday and told me they've received an allocation for my 3rd choice color. To be honest, even though Underground was my first choice I have to admit the Ice Cap and Wind Chill Pearl were growing on me. That's just as well because WCP is what I'll be getting! I think with the black emblem overlay/tailgate insert it's going to look amazing. Anyway, build date for me is now March 18th and the dealer estimates late April or May delivery.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I'm looking for a truck at another dealer after Autonation Toyota in Hayward added $2273 to the price of the original add, something they have been doing to all trucks they list as sold. It looks like this is their common tactic.
Sponsored