Build Week vs Delivery Date

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
So I just received an estimated build date of 9/12 for my TH. What should I expect from that info?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
So I just received an estimated build date of 9/12 for my TH. What should I expect from that info?
Based on what is considered "normal", six to eight weeks. But you have a halo so who knows?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Based on what is considered "normal", six to eight weeks. But you have a halo so who knows?
My dealer said seven weeks on average, but a halo might be longer. A TH might be even longer if there are more QC holds. Cross your fingers and hope for it by Thanksgiving.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
My truck has only ever been listed as "in build phase" in the Toyota inventory, with nothing from Toyota or my dealer as far as a delivery date.
Same here. The only info I got from the dealer was that it has been in Veracruz since 7/18.

Sponsored

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
Hopefully with almost a month in Veracruz it will be on a ship soon. Maybe a September delivery?
At this point I’d be lucky if it’s a September delivery. If it goes too much longer I’m thinking of pulling the plug and waiting for the 2025’s.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
At this point I’d be lucky if it’s a September delivery. If it goes too much longer I’m thinking of pulling the plug and waiting for the 2025’s.
I have thought about that too. We might be getting our trucks after production starts on the 2025 models, but getting a model year older trucks. I don't want to bail - I really want my truck, but when Toyota? When?

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
So, I ended up on a Connecticut dealer site looking for a particular truck and noticed the "Vehicle is in build status..." verbiage. What struck me was that these trucks were all built in weeks 32, 33, and 34. The estimated delivery dates were late October to early November. You won't find this on Toyota.com; it just lists them as "in build status." These were all gray-scale colors, OFs, and SR5s, non-hybrid, so nothing outlandish. My truck is a week 34 build, and I'm hoping these dates don't come to fruition.
You're getting a hybrid, correct? Most standard iForce Tacomas for North America are built in Tijuana correct?

I locked in a TH reservation with a dealer out in Las Vegas, sales guy had me allocated for a week 34 build (halo/Guanajuato) and he said late September he'd get it delivered. I bookmarked that page and it's been taken down recently because it's probably on the factory floor switching over to a real VIN.

I ended up switching into an earlier TH delivery at their shop - and better color. But still watching this week 34 build; if it's indeed getting built this week, that's a week earlier than estimated Aug. 19th...

Hopefully supply chain & production is improving..

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
You're getting a hybrid, correct? Most standard iForce Tacomas for North America are built in Tijuana correct?

I locked in a TH reservation with a dealer out in Las Vegas, sales guy had me allocated for a week 34 build (halo/Guanajuato) and he said late September he'd get it delivered. I bookmarked that page and it's been taken down recently because it's probably on the factory floor switching over to a real VIN.

I ended up switching into an earlier TH delivery at their shop - and better color. But still watching this week 34 build; if it's indeed getting built this week, that's a week earlier than estimated Aug. 19th...

Hopefully supply chain & production is improving..
Correct. I just talked to my guy yesterday and it's scheduled for a August 23rd build date.

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
For reference, my Pro was week 30, so end of July. It was built 8/6 or 8/7. Got the permanent vin 8/7. Arrival to dealer changed from 8/23-9/17 to 9/3-9/16. That’s all I know. Haven’t heard anything from the dealer for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
For reference, my Pro was week 30, so end of July. It was built 8/6 or 8/7. Got the permanent vin 8/7. Arrival to dealer changed from 8/23-9/17 to 9/3-9/16. That’s all I know. Haven’t heard anything from the dealer for a couple of weeks.
My Pro build week was week 30, and it was built on time on 7/27. I got the permanent vin on 7/29, but so far no arrival date and nothing further from my dealer. The truck still shows as in build phase, but I have no idea what that means. I am currently hoping it gets to Virginia by the end of September.

Good luck with yours @Wutangz_Taco!

ejhenry001

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road
2024 Tacoma Build Week vs Delivery Date 1725916826756-vr

Deposit Date: 2/21/2024
Initial Build Sheet: 8/22/2024, w/ VIN of 3TYLC5LN4RT34C160
Date of showing up on Toyota's website in "build phase": 9/2 w/ VIN of 3TYLC5LN8RT007995

Based on the above dates, when should I realistically expect to get to the next step, which is I'm guessing port arrival? Do you get notified of port arrival?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@ejhenry001 A few days ago I would have had a guess about your truck and when it might arrive. But now I am totally confused as to what is going on with my TRD Pro, based on another forum member's experience.

Here is where I stand:
Deposit Date: 4/29/24
Build Sheet 6/19/24
Build Date (dealer supplied) 7/27/24. For about three weeks it showed as in build phase.
By mid August it showed as "Vehicle may be in transport available 8/31 -9/16.
In late August is showed as may be available 9/02-9/09. My dealer said available 9/19.
In early September it started showing an available date of the current date - 9/09.
When it got to available 9/07 - 9/09 it just said check with dealer for availability.
Now on 9/09 I am waiting for something concrete from the dealer. My salesperson is on vacation until tomorrow, and I hope to learn more.

I am afraid I might be in the same situation as @YourOnlineHero's truck in this thread:
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...ction-to-delivery-of-a-tacoma.2300/post-88345 See post #58, and my response follows.

Short answer, I have no clue at this point and apparently neither does Toyota.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Thanks for the reply @Baltimore. I have seen that tracking screen, but never yet for my truck. I have been willing to keep this informal up until things started to go seriously strange with halo production and delivery.

That output is what I want to see, and I want something specific about what is going on. If they can't produce that I am not prepared to wait indefinitely for my new truck, no matter how cool it is.

Check out post #58 in that thread I linked. It was basically Toyota saying that they have no idea when his truck will be delivered, despite what may appear on the tracking screen.
Sponsored