Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
I have the same tri fold on my 2024 PRO. My 1st tri fold bed cover.
Mine leaks in rain and car wash. Is that normal?
We've had quite a bit of rain these last two weeks and there is definitely some water getting into the bed, but not very much. Usually just a dribble of water from what I've seen, and that's both being parked and driving in heavy downpours. I'd say it's a 100% acceptable amount of water lol. If you're trying to keep stuff in your bed completely dry, I don't think there is a tonneau cover out there that will give you a truly water-tight fit, and maybe a camper shell would be a better option. AWESOME truck btw! Congrats on that beauty. I love that color.
Sponsored

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just wanted to add a story with a happy ending on this bed cover thread. I got the Bakflip MX4 a while back. Long story, short, I think I got a dud build from the manufacturer. Bad latches, scraped up bed rails (from the latches not working properly) and just overall bad fitment.

ANYWAY, after some back and forth with Bakflip support, they are sending me a new cover with all parts included. I'm hoping this one fits better after a clean install but I'm also very happy that Bakflip stands by their products and that they are willing to work with their customers to keep them happy!

Randyg

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide LTD; 2008 Speedway Blue Off-Road
I just installed my OEM Cover. It was quite easy even with one bad arm (recent elbow/wrist surgeries). I am happy to report there are no issues with the automatic tailgate operation. Also, the rearview mirror camera option still has 100% coverage with the cover folded up and connected to the stays. After reading some comments about difficulties with alignment, I decided to mark the cover’s position near the bolts. When I folded the cover back up to allow tightening of the bolts, I was able to confirm it did not move out of alignment. I do have one question: Why does the driver’s side drain tube have to go to the center bed drain hole (per OEM instructions)? I could not see a reason for this from underneath the truck. Being a good boy, I followed instructions. I plan on using some 3M cable mounts to hold the hoses against the bed side. Before doing that I may move the left one to the other drain hole if no one offers a reason not to. Thanks
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_5788
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_5783
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_5789

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I just installed my OEM Cover. It was quite easy even with one bad arm (recent elbow/wrist surgeries). I am happy to report there are no issues with the automatic tailgate operation. Also, the rearview mirror camera option still has 100% coverage with the cover folded up and connected to the stays. After reading some comments about difficulties with alignment, I decided to mark the cover’s position near the bolts. When I folded the cover back up to allow tightening of the bolts, I was able to confirm it did not move out of alignment. I do have one question: Why does the driver’s side drain tube have to go to the center bed drain hole (per OEM instructions)? I could not see a reason for this from underneath the truck. Being a good boy, I followed instructions. I plan on using some 3M cable mounts to hold the hoses against the bed side. Before doing that I may move the left one to the other drain hole if no one offers a reason not to. Thanks
IMG_5788.jpeg
IMG_5783.jpeg
IMG_5789.jpeg
I put the drain on the left side, no issues and/or leaks in the bed yet.
Sponsored