Phone Does Not Connect Automatically after Remote Start

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
It’s started getting cold again and I’ve used remote start a couple times now. I’ve noticed that when I’d get into the truck with my phone it would not connect automatically. I would either have to turn off the truck and start it again or push and hold the volume button to restart the infotainment. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this, my google searches came up empty.
2024 Tacoma Phone Does Not Connect Automatically after Remote Start IMG_2200
Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
You're not alone. I noticed that this morning after I remote started mine. I was kind of confused. Had to go into the settings under connected devices and manually connect to the phone lol

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're not alone. I noticed that this morning after I remote started mine. I was kind of confused. Had to go into the settings under connected devices and manually connect to the phone lol
Well that sounds quicker than what I’ve been doing!

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I live in Alaska... Been using the remote start for awhile now... When you first get into the truck the screen is off then when you push the brake and start button then the screen turns on and usually connects to android auto... Usually

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
It’s started getting cold again and I’ve used remote start a couple times now. I’ve noticed that when I’d get into the truck with my phone it would not connect automatically. I would either have to turn off the truck and start it again or push and hold the volume button to restart the infotainment. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this, my google searches came up empty.
IMG_2200.jpeg
Hopefully Apple or Toyota pushes out an update to fix it? No a bit g deal to restart the screen but you shouldn’t have to.

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed it seems odd. In other cases if my phone doesn’t connect right away I just hit “use CarPlay” and it connects. But that doesn’t work if I used remote start.