Sponsored

Anyone hate the driver seat position?

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Does anyone HATE their 2024 front driver seating position as much as I do? The headrest forces me to curl up in an uncomfortable ball. I’ve even tried turning the headrest around but it’s at such an unnecessary sharp angle it doesn’t even touch my head and would provide no support in a rear end collision. I’d like to force Toyota lawyers to drive in this thing for more than 30 minutes. If I’d have noticed this during the test drive I may have changed my mind. It’s that bad.
Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
I love the front seat!!!!!

I came from a 2022 Bronco. Last month when I drove 450 miles round trip and my back was killing me.

I just got my Tacoma Sport and last week drove 350 miles round trip and my back never hurt at all.
The front seat redesign was one of the main reasons for buying it.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the front seat!!!!!

I came from a 2022 Bronco. Last month when I drove 450 miles round trip and my back was killing me.

I just got my Tacoma Sport and last week drove 350 miles round trip and my back never hurt at all.
The front seat redesign was one of the main reasons for buying it.
Nice. I do love the way it supports my bottom and back, but this headrest is brutal. It has me curled up like a rag doll. I should have mentioned these are the manual seats. My ‘22 TRD Sport Premium were power and awesome. But it’s this headrest.

Sponsored

JayT1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma Pre Runner 2022 WRX
How straight up do you sit? I sit leaned back pretty far and find the seat and headrest very comfortable for my driving position. I also have a sport premium with power seats, so they might be different?

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
The seat position is soooo much better than previous years. I’m 6’6” and fit quite comfortably in the 4th gen.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Nice. I do love the way it supports my bottom and back, but this headrest is brutal. It has me curled up like a rag doll. I should have mentioned these are the manual seats. My ‘22 TRD Sport Premium were power and awesome. But it’s this headrest.
Not that you WANT to go this route, but there are inexpensive aftermarket headrests that won't have the same angle. Hopefully you have black seats, otherwise color matching might take a while...

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Does anyone HATE their 2024 front driver seating position as much as I do? The headrest forces me to curl up in an uncomfortable ball. I’ve even tried turning the headrest around but it’s at such an unnecessary sharp angle it doesn’t even touch my head and would provide no support in a rear end collision. I’d like to force Toyota lawyers to drive in this thing for more than 30 minutes. If I’d have noticed this during the test drive I may have changed my mind. It’s that bad.
Anyone else experience this?
I can't fathom how you're having issues. Do your headrest look like this?

2024 Tacoma Anyone hate the driver seat position? PXL_20240616_233912661.MP~3

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m all alone :(
I’ll just suck it up and get used to it. I’ll definitely try JayT’s suggestion and lean it back. Just can’t always do that with 2 kids in the back. Guess that’s why they make a Tundra!!
I did fit into my ‘22 so much better.

I’ll figure it out.
I can't fathom how you're having issues. Do your headrest look like this?

PXL_20240616_233912661.MP~3.jpg
Fathom it! My headrests seem tilted too far forward. In your pics your seats look reclined way back. I have tried this and it does seem better so I’ll do my commute this morning with them reclined back more. I can’t recline them too much however when I have the kids in the back seat. I just need to try all the seat positions. Or make the kids ride in the box. My ‘22 with power seat was awesome and I can’t understand how people didn’t like it.
Thank you so much Pootklopp for taking the time to snap pictures. This is a great community.

Garrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I never bought a 3rd gen because of the seats. Not the headrests but how low they were to the floor. No issues so far with the seats in the 4th gen. Don't even notice the headrest tbh. Swapping them out will probably be your best bet.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I think the seats are fine.
Sponsored