Sponsored

Sponsored

soxrok2212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Looks like my TRD Sport that I got in April falls in this range. I've already taken it to the dealer once about hard shifting and they said it's "normal behavior". At what point do I take it back? Do I have to wait until it fails completely and they have to come tow me?

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
How can you tell?
Because the first eight numbers and letters in your VIN# match the one that's highlighted. and then the last six numbers in your VIN are less than 041152.

Capture.jpg

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Whew!!! 3TYLF!!! Not included. I was very afraid with an extremely low number at the end d of my VIN.

Thanks for posting the TSB!!

Sponsored

NCEngineer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Same question, because I'm not sure which VIN to compare mine with. Mine also starts with 3TYLC5 and my last six digits are 005347. But there are no 3TYLC5 VINs in that list. So how do I determine if mine is in or out?
My VIN starts the same. I think that means we aren’t in the TSB.

Taco Golfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Looks like my TRD Sport that I got in April falls in this range. I've already taken it to the dealer once about hard shifting and they said it's "normal behavior". At what point do I take it back? Do I have to wait until it fails completely and they have to come tow me?
Which factory?

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I'd stay in frequent contact w/your dealer about this. Your transmission isn't going to heal itself into better shifting as time goes on.

I'm not affected in this and I have a long range road side policy w/AAA. An assload of electronics on this vehicle.

ronhighpockets

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR 6' Bed, 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
How can you tell?
Gary, I have attached a screenshot of the range of VIN's that your Tacoma is in. Underlined in Yellow is the VIN prefix, yours (And Mine too!) Underlined in Red is the number where the recall stops (041152). So if the prefix matches and and the last six numbers are higher than your last six numbers, you are in that group, Like myself.

24 Taco Trans TSB.jpg
Sponsored