Sponsored

ARB Bed Bar…Why the hate?

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Just noticing that everyone with a TH removes it when they get home and immediately posts it for sale. I realize it’s not totally functional, but I don’t think it’s bad as a cosmetic flourish. I’d pay @300 for one, but not more.

Thoughts? Why did you dump yours?
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Incompatible with the factory tonneau cover. Biggest reason IMHO. Also, it's honestly fugly.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'd dump mine too. I'm waiting for an older style looking bar to hit the market. The trailhunter bar is too busy looking. I don't want none of that molle crap. I want a Marty McFly style bar.

Which sucks, because I have expensive lights collecting dust ready to mount.

2024 Tacoma ARB Bed Bar…Why the hate? 1000007794

If people planned to use their trailhunter for what it's designed to do, which most won't, the molle style rear bar is perfect, so I can't flame Toyota for it, it does suit the trucks needs well.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Just noticing that everyone with a TH removes it when they get home and immediately posts it for sale. I realize it’s not totally functional, but I don’t think it’s bad as a cosmetic flourish. I’d pay @300 for one, but not more.

Thoughts? Why did you dump yours?
I'll keep mine until I find the rack I want. I don't hate it.

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I think it’s endearing and was bummed when I realized I had to remove it to fit a bed cover. I may just hold onto it.

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
I don't hate it. I think it looks good, actually. But when I get mine, I'll remove it soon after to make way for a full rack.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap
I removed mine to add a tonneau cover primarily. I don't hate the way it looks actually, just personally think it looks better without. It gives off Chevy Avalanche vibes IMHO.

It's also pretty expensive for something that offers relatively low utility on a truck that seems to be all about utility - I hope that Toyota makes it optional in future years. I think the partnership with ARB is pretty awesome. I wonder though if they pushed Toyota to include the bed bar to make the deal bigger/better.

DankSR5Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
I think with the bed bar Toyota was trying to make the Trailhunter look like, well, a Trailhunter, and distinctly not like one of the other trims.

But yeah, it's too bad that they didn't make it seamlessly work with the OEM tonneau cover, that would have been really cool. Hope they somehow fix that in the future.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
It's not useful for anything. What am I supposed to mount on it? Half a rotopax?

If I want a shell or a rooftop tent, it needs to be removed. hell, I cant even get tonneau covers on without removing it.
Sponsored